The DDC Control Technician is responsible for completing service calls, maintenance
contracts and projects while maintaining a positive customer relationship and high level
of satisfaction. This person in this position is also expected to be proactive with regards
to recommendations for the customer base.
This position will work with Automated Logic and other control manufacturers products
• Perform startup and commissioning on new control systems.
• Complete service calls and preventative maintenance on existing control systems.
• Perform upgrades, small scale retrofits or replacement of existing control systems
• Provide proactive recommendations for energy saving or preventative measures
• Focus on 100% customer satisfaction with each call, project or customer interaction
• Strive to fully understand the customer's needs and requirements, which helps to foster
long term relationships
• Maintain clear and open communication, both internally and externally
• Be sensitive to expectations outside of current scope of work and involve appropriate
personnel as necessary
• Be timely with paperwork including time sheets, as-builts drawings, etc.
• The ideal candidate has an in-depth knowledge of the ALC platform and advanced
experience with the integration of third-party systems.
• 3-5 years field experience in the controls industry including DDC Systems
commissioning, software operation, calibration and experience with electronic and
• Experience in the HVAC controls industry including DDC Systems commissioning,
software integration operation, calibration.
• Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings.
• Networking TCP/IP, MSTP, Modbus, BACnet protocols and familiar with associated
tools such as Wireshark
• Strong communication, organizational, documentation, and problem solving skills.
• Able to carry up to 50 lbs, carry and climb a 10 ft. ladder and maneuver in and
around HVAC equipment (ductwork, piping, conduit, etc)
• Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, WebCTRL.
• US Citizen, able to pass background check
• Safe driving record with valid State issued operator’s license
Permanent/Full Time Position.
Send Resumes to Randall@islandcontrols.com